THE POSSUM PEOPLE - New Zealand
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Call us NZ Freephone: 0800 476 778 or NZ: 03 756-8090 Outside NZ: +64 37568090
Visit us on Facebook/The Possum People
Did You Know?
- NZ-Possum fur is a soft yet robust Luxury Fur. Incredibly warm the fibers are hollow, which gives the fur excellent insulation properties to retain heat.
- Possum/Merino knitwear is lightweight, very warm and can be easily washed
- Our Possum knit blends are made up of fine Merino wool, Possum fiber and a small percentage of either Silk or Nylon added for strength
- Possum fiber contains Natural Anti-bacterial components; meaning less need for laundering and no smells in footwear!
- The Australian Brushtail Possum was first introduced to New Zealand in 1860. Now considered a pest in New Zealand; when you buy our Possum products you also support protection of our NZ Native Birds and Forests that are currently being devastated by the Possum
- We have a World-wide customer base, there are no International Custom restrictions on any of our Knitwear or Furs
- There is NO farming of Possum in NZ.
- We purchase our Possum hides and fur from Local NZ Trappers & Hunters, North and South Islands.
- Our Hokitika, West Coast NZ address is an operating Workroom and Retail outlet in one. We welcome visitors and are happy to show our work and answer questions.
- From very small beginnings in 1969; We know our stuff and are proud to say we are 'The Possum People' Hokitika, New Zealand.